Now that the year is coming to an end, it might be fun and interesting to look back what we have achieved on VocaDB during that year. Some of these numbers are available on site, but most of them I dug directly from the (SQL) database.
First off let’s look at the top 5 highest rated songs:
- LUVORATORRRRRY! by GigaP, Reol feat. Kagamine Rin, GUMI (97 score).
- scapecoat by HSP feat. Hatsune Miku (50 score).
- Desperate by HSP feat. Hatsune Miku (46 score).
- Burenai Ai de by Mitchie M feat. Hatsune Miku (44 score).
- +♂ by GigaP feat. Kagamine Len (43 score).
So that’s 2 songs by GigaP, 2 by HSP and one by Mitchie M, all pretty big name producers. It probably doesn’t come as a surprise that LUVORATORRRRRY! is #1, but the margin is pretty huge (almost double score compared to the 2nd). The rest of the songs come very close to each other.
Top 5 highest rated albums (by total score) that came out in 2014 are:
- DECORATOR EP by kz feat. Hatsune Miku (103 total score).
- ALGORITHM by UtsuP feat. various (98 total score).
- VOCALOUD 01 – Breaking of the Emotion – by various artists (compilation album) (86 total score).
- No title+ by GigaP feat. various (75 total score).
- Twinkle World by HachioujiP feat. various (73 total score).
A bit more variance for the albums than for the most popular songs. Apart from Vocaloud 01, which is a compilation album, the other 4 are by pretty big name producers. GigaP makes an appearance here as well.
In total, almost 19 000 songs, 1500 albums and 5200 artist entries were added on the site in 2014. Of course, not all of these came out this year, many of the songs were published earlier. Still a pretty impressive number. Out of those 1500 albums, 1013 came out in 2014 (according to the database).
Almost 85 000 edits were made in total (this includes all changes to artists, albums and songs). That’s over 230 edits per day!
Additionally, 961 new user accounts were created (this number doesn’t include accounts that are now disabled).
Again, thanks for all the editors who helped to create and maintain this impressive database. Let’s hope VocaDB and Vocaloid itself will continue to grow next year. With the release of Vocaloid 4, it looks like Vocaloid will continue developing, and I will try to keep adding new features on VocaDB.